Dare to make a difference this Christmas
Kishugu believes in working together for the greater good.
We are excited to be supporting the Santa Shoebox Project again. This remarkable drive addresses a dire need in South Africa. The Santa Shoebox Project started in 2006 with a modest 180 shoeboxes. Since then, it has grown into a countrywide drive with more than half a million shoeboxes donated to-date. This year, it aims to give 100,000 shoeboxes, filled with necessities – and a few treats – to less fortunate children in our country.
What makes the Santa Shoebox project a favourite with family, individual and corporate donors is that it is highly personalised. Donors choose “their” child by name, age and gender, and are encouraged to remember that a pledge is a promise.
The 2016 theme ‘More Than Just a Shoebox’ alludes to how each of the eight prescribed contents of a Santa Shoebox has a profound impact on the life of an under-privileged child.
- The toothbrush and toothpaste are the promise of dental health and a confident smile.
- The facecloth and soap ensure good personal hygiene and health.
- The school supplies support a quality education.
- The outfit of clothing encourages great self-esteem.
- The toy and sweeties reinforce that every child deserves to be loved and spoiled – just a little.
To become involved, simply send us an email by clicking here.
Let’s work together and make 100,000 little hearts very happy this Christmas.
Become involved. Pledge a Shoebox. Help a child in need. #GetInvolved